Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What to say?

My childhood friend, my best friend whom I've know for more than 10 years called me today...

She told me that her father had just passed away and she didn't know what to do...

It was so unexpected...I only saw him a few times but he looked perfectly healthy to me...

She was sobbing when she answered the phone...desperate to see her father once more...

Because of work...she didn't even get to see him one last time she said...

But I think seeing him 'one last time' in that condition would have broken her heart even more...

As she told me all this while shedding tears of sadness through the phone...

I didn't know what to say...

Should I tell her that it's gonna be alright?

Should I tell her that it couldn't be helped?

Sigh...all I could say to her was that 'no one expected it'...

I told her to tell me whatever she wanted...memories...regrets...I would listen the whole way...

She couldn't do it...it was too much for her to talk about at the time...

I'm not good in comforting people...especially close friends...

And I didn't get any better with this situation...but I knew I had to be there for her....

But...what do you say in these kinds of situations?

Do you give them hope that It'll be better soon?

Do you say that nothing else can done about it?

What to say?


Now I wait...

For that call...

I would race to her side to comfort her...

Wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment